2299 - Program Assistant, Grantmaking Resource Center (GRC)
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Program Assistant for the Grantmaking Resource Center (GRC). This position is based in Washington, D.C. but hybrid in office/telework.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support for the teams in the Grant Operations and Evaluation cone, focusing primarily on supporting the Training and Collaboration team mandate, including end-to-end logistical support of coordinating training on system use and data entry skills. Responsibilities may include scheduling training events, maintaining meeting note documentation, sending reminders, ensuring live and virtual space is provisioned, and other admin tasks. Occasional data assignments may arise on high-priority institutional needs requiring the position to “float” admin support to various operational functions of a busy grantmaking organization. The Program Assistant reports to the Senior Manager for Training and Collaboration, Grantmaking Resource Center.
- Assist with the scheduling of meetings for teams in the GOE.
- Record meeting notes and action items.
- Update information in tracking sheets and databases.
- Generate reports from the grants management system as assigned.
- Become familiar with the work processes of the teams in the Grant Operations cone so as to be able to step in and provide assistance if assigned.
- Carry out data entry, admin support, and other admin support projects in support of the teams in the Grants Operations and Evaluation cone, as assigned by the Sr. Director, GRC.
- Support GRC teammates with their responsibilities outside preparations for each quarter’s board meetings (routing proposals and reports; recording and posting training; updating the intranet; coordinating planning meetings).
- Maintain GRC files.
- Document completion of assigned tasks as needed.
- Liaise with the staff of the GOE teams and keep GRC updated on team news to help anticipate upcoming admin support needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Director and Sr. Manager of the Grantmaking Resource Center.
- 1+ years of administrative support experience, preferably at a grantmaking organization or an educational institution.
- 1+ years of experience with customer service, student services, counseling, tutoring, teaching, or training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and Excel experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint and/or grantmaking database a plus.
- Other Qualifications:
- Proficiency in a second language preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse activities.
- Works well in a team environment.
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, of which one should be a supervisor. Please, no phone call inquiries.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The NED is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The NED believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as an organization operating globally and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.