Junior Systems Administrator
Softheon builds software and automation solutions for health insurers and government health agencies. Help shape the future of health tech while working from home with incredible benefits that reflect our commitment to expanding access to quality insurance. Work for a fast-growing, established, and profitable company where you can power what’s next in healthcare.
As a Junior Systems Administrator you will provide first level technical support to the internal staff of Softheon. You will also assist in the operation, management and administration of Softheon’s Corporate and Cloud infrastructure.
This job requires a patient and stable work style and consistency in dealing with repetitive routine. The job demands a cooperative, agreeable and sympathetic listener who gets along with others and enjoys being helpful to them. A customer service, team-oriented focus is of utmost importance. The job requires attention to the details of work, handling work items with better-than-average accuracy and with careful attention to the quality of the work.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, software and networking related problems remotely and on-site.
- Configure, deploy, migrate, backup, and rebuild end-user workstation.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware and software upgrades, and system optimization.
- Maintain System Inventories.
- Develop and Maintain Systems to automate Workstation Imaging & Backups.
- Communicate downtime, upgrades, and other information to appropriate teams as necessary.
- Manage Users, Workstations, and Servers in Active Directory.
- Other duties as assigned by senior IT staff.
- This role will be a hybrid and will involve certain days in our Stony Brook Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Technological Systems Management, Computer Science or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience or familiarity with:
- Microsoft Window Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Workstation Hardware Troubleshooting Techniques and Software Utilities
- Workstation Software Troubleshooting Techniques and Resolution
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DHCP Networking
- Microsoft Office 365
- Helpdesk Ticketing Software
- Technical expertise in identifying, diagnosing, and evaluating end-user computer and account issues, and developing effective mitigation and repair methods.
- Former Experience Managing Users and Workstations Within Active Directory.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong etiquette for internal digital communications (Email/Ticketing).
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while managing simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to add value to a diverse team of innovative professionals
- Rise to new challenges everyday
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities
Softheon is an equal opportunities employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We make recruitment hiring decisions based on each candidate's experience and skills. We value your passion to make healthcare affordable, accessible, and plentiful.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.