Federal Credits and Incentives Tax Associate - Fall 2022
Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
Credits, Incentives and Methods (R&D)
As a member of our Credits, Incentives, and Methods (CIM) group, working specifically with Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credits, you will be responsible for the following job duties which are focused around two core concepts: your technical and quality expertise and delivering excellent client service:
- Works with the R&D Tax Credit team to prepare and learn to review R&D Tax Credit calculation and supporting documentation
- Assist in performing multiple projects simultaneously, which includes tasks such as taking notes during client interviews, preparing computations and analysis, and data gathering.
- Help drive the success of multiple R&D engagements
- Develop an understanding of client’s business and become a “functional expert” in the area
- Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Ensures professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate
- Completes research and special projects as needed
- Undergraduate degree in business (accounting, economics, finance, etc.) or a degree in the sciences (computer science, engineering, biology, chemistry, or physics)
- Strong social skills including a dynamic personality and excellent communication skills
- Natural curiosity
- Ability to take detailed notes in a fast paced environment
- Extremely organized and responsive
- Good judgment
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Available for up to 50% travel during the busy season
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.