Initiatives and Community Specialist, Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chains
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting:
Our platform for Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chains is a major global initiative addressing all aspects of the way in which products are made: from design and manufacturing, to distribution, consumption and re-cycling. The platform engages leading companies, governments from all around the world, universities, and civil society organizations. It offers the latest knowledge to leaders and public audiences for informed decision-making and helps establish new partnerships to drive action and impact at scale.
We are seeking for an Initiatives and Community Specialist who will be responsible for supporting the Lead in managing and expansion of our initiatives, activities, and community - both globally and across North America.
Reporting Lines and Interactions:
The Initiatives and Community Specialist will report to the Initiatives and Community Lead of the Platform for Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chains.
The Specialist will connect and work in close collaboration with other colleagues in the Centre for Industry Transformation, the Network of Centres for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, and the new US Advanced Manufacturing Centre, and externally with a broad range of stakeholders.
Breakdown of main responsibilities:
- Help manage and scale existing initiatives of our Platform for Shaping the Future of Advanced Manufacturing and Value Chains, and help incubate new efforts both globally and in North America
- Help bring together stakeholders from business and government to create consensus around emerging challenges and opportunities related to the future of advanced manufacturing and value chains both globally and in North America
- Create a deep understanding of individual priorities and build trust around a common agenda, and use it to help mobilize stakeholders, and drive action and impact by facilitating their engagement in specific initiatives
- Support the development and implementation of a clear strategy for the incubation, management and scale up of initiatives, and to keep most relevant stakeholders actively engaged in these initiatives and other related activities over time
- Support the generation and aggregation of insights and develop specific deliverables – e.g. White Papers – to disseminate latest knowledge, findings and lessons learned, and help raise awareness across stakeholders
- Help organize and manage key activities and events related to different initiatives both globally and in North America; Lead the development of key marketing materials and ensure materials are always up-to-date and made available to stakeholders as needed; Leverage our digital platforms and tools – e.g. TopLink – to design and enable the digital engagement of stakeholders in virtual activities
The successful candidate will be assessed on:
- Delivery of tasks assigned and/or initiated to standards of excellence and against goals including quality of processes and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively with community members, ensuring that they are engaged in the Forum’s work and benefit from timely communication and efficient coordination
- Collaboration with Forum colleagues and external stakeholders for the generation and aggregation of forward-looking insights, and the production of specific deliverables
Preferred Requirements and Experience:
- Master's degree in relevant fields and 2-4 years of work experience in relevant sectors – e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations, Business Administration, Economics, Economic Development, etc.
- Strong interest in the future of advanced manufacturing and value chains, global affairs, and public-private collaboration; Ability to carry out research activities and produce high-quality written deliverables
- Excellent organizational and CRM management abilities; ability to work cross-functionally to deliver against tight deadlines and in a demanding environment with multiple tasks to manage
- Comfortable communicating with senior leaders, sharing information or influencing to support the delivery of activities and initiatives; Self-starting, flexible and customer-oriented team player
- Good command of Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English; Other languages a plus
- This role is based out of our New York office
The Forum requires that employees be fully vaccinated with at least one booster against COVID-19 by their first day of employment. The Forum will evaluate all requests for accommodation/exemption from this policy in keeping with federal, state, and local law.
Why work at the Forum:
The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!