HR Filing Assistant
Human Resources Assistant – Filing Project
VP of Human Resources
Novanta / Cambridge Technology
Bedford, MA /USA
Build a career powered by innovations that matter! At Novanta, our innovations power technology products that are transforming healthcare and advanced manufacturing—improving productivity, enhancing people’s lives and redefining what’s possible. We serve as a trusted technology partner to medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide, engineering components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance for a range of mission-critical applications—from minimally invasive surgery to robotics to 3D metal printing.
Novanta is a global organization with offices located throughout EMEA, The Americas and Asia Pacific. Novanta is a publicly traded company on NASDAQ under symbol NOVT.
Business Unit Overview
This position is part of Novanta’s Cambridge Technology business unit. Cambridge Technology designs, develops, and manufactures innovative beam steering solutions, including polygon and galvanometer optical scanning components, 2-axis and 3-axis scan heads, scanning sub-systems, high power scanning heads, and controlling hardware and software. As the inventor of galvanometer-based optical scanning technology, it is our mission to drive innovations in photonics by delivering unprecedented technical capabilities.
The HR Filing Assistant will focus on the HR team’s employee filing/archive project. This project’s objective is to organize current employee files and archive files per retention guidelines.
They will be self-starting and possess a strong desire to grow with others in the organization.
· Filing and records management.
· Ensure the confidentiality, accuracy, security, and timely maintenance of HR files
· Review employee files for completeness and accuracy
· Box and label files to be archived per retention schedule
· Perform other duties as they are assigned.
· Strict compliance with the quality, occupational safety and environmental regulations.
· Implementation of the instructions of the quality / environmental management representative and the occupational safety specialist.
Required Experience, Education, Skills, Training and Competencies
· 0 – 2 years of Administrative or HR experience
· Ability to handle sensitive and highly confidential information
· Demonstrate organization, communication, and accuracy in all work assigned
· Detail-oriented and deadline driven
· Enjoys helping others while maintaining a customer service approach and positive attitude
· Ability to work independently
· Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds.
(*) Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)