Substitute Teachers have the option select the days, hours, school/location they wish to work.
All applicants must apply online at: https://ats3.atenterprise.powerschool.com/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=IA000044
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER GOAL
To work diligently and conscientiously in the role of substitute instructional personnel to help students meet or
exceed annual learning goals, to meet state and local achievement requirements, and to master the skills
required to graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary education and work .
1. *Teach diligently and conscientiously, using prescribed materials (lesson plans) including technology-based instruction.
2. *Prepare and submit a report to the classroom teacher or Principal/ Administrator of the school worked as required by the principal/administrator.
3. *Perform those duties that are necessary for the diligent and conscientious instruction of students.
4. *Use prescribed and otherwise appropriate materials and methods.
5. *Conform to all laws and all school board policies and procedures.
6. *Deliver all keys, records and reports, and account for all other assigned school district property to the principal/ administrator at the end of the assignment or at any other time as required by the principal/ administrator or the superintendent.
7. *Conform to policy regarding sexual harassment, within the contexts of teacher-student, supervisor-subordinate, and between persons of the same employment status.
8. *Conform to the Code of Ethics of the Education Profession in Florida.
9. *Conform to the Principles of Professional Conduct for the Education Profession in Florida.
10. *Assist in practicing and enforcing laws, rules and policy regarding the Volusia County Schools Code of Student Conduct, and those of Florida, including the authority to use alternatives.
11. *Conform to the Volusia County Schools Equity Plan and the tenets of the prohibition of discrimination. (FAC 6A-19.001)
12. *Perform other related duties as assigned by the Principal/ Administrator, which are not in conflict with law, policy or the Substitute Teacher Agreement. (VCS 410)
*Denotes essential job function/ADA
• Meet the Highly Qualified Personnel Standards of an Associate of Arts/Associate of Science’s degree or above preferred, or High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
• File a complete set of fingerprints
• Obtain a clear substance screening
• Attend the STAR (Substitute Training And Registration) program, unless proof of attendance has been presented and accepted
• Competent in supervisory requirements
• Competent in instructional procedures
• Competent in communication skills
• Competent in student management techniques
• Demonstrates knowledge within the area of specialization to a degree consistent with the educator’s professional preparation
• Competent in the techniques used to evaluate learning and goal achievement
• Competent in human and interpersonal relations skills
• Ability to engage in physical activity appropriate to the required task, except for temporary disability
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively to accomplish the required task
• Ability to exhibit appropriate control of emotions
• Ability to perform required tasks with sufficient intellectual ability
Form more information about Volusia County Schools click here: www.vcsedu.org
To learn more about #WhyVolusia County is a great place to live and work click here: https://www.vcsedu.org/directory/departments/human-resources/recruitment-and-retention
Why Volusia Video - https://youtu.be/fQUFhxx76h8