Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
This is responsible, professional work providing and serving both young and school age children in a community or school-based primary health care setting. The practitioner will be employed by and administratively responsible to the Health Department, reporting to the Director of Public Health Nursing and receiving medical direction from the medical advisor.
Minimum requirements include:
Graduation from an accredited program of nursing with pediatric nurse practitioner preparation in a formal continuing education program with a Masters’ or Doctorate Degree in nursing. Completion of an OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner training program and internship accepted by NAACOG, or certified Nurse Practitioner in a related field preferred. At least two (2) years’ experience as a licensed Advanced Practice Registered Nurse.
- Considerable knowledge of standards of care and service delivery offered in a community or school-based clinic setting.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws governing medical nursing practice in an SBC.
- Considerable knowledge of planning, implementing, and evaluating SBC activities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the SBC Medical Advisor, Nursing Director and other pertinent staff to maintain clinic operations in a safe, effective, and professional manner.
- Ability to manage and allocate time appropriately between the SBC and the responsible agencies.
- Possession of a license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
In order to be considered for this title, you must apply during the posting period via the online application portal.
2) First-time users will click "New User Registration" and create your Applicant Profile
3) Click on available job postings and Apply Online. You will need a valid, working email address to apply.
Please note that our method of communication with applicants is by email. In the application process, please provide us with a valid email address, and ensure you monitor your email, including spam or junk, for correspondence from our department.
If you experience technical difficulties in the online application process, please contact our office at 203-946-8252 or email NHJobs@newhavenct.gov.