In Vivo Research Associate
Toxikon is looking for a self-motivated and quality focused individual to join our In-Vivo Biocompatibility team. The successful candidate will work hand in hand with our study directors, veterinarians, quality assurance and sponsors/clients to ensure all study aspects are conducted per scientific and regulatory standards. This position offers great possibilities for growth with exposure to all aspects of studies including sample preparation, dose techniques and surgery in many different animal models. Highly motivated individuals will have an advancement track through the department. This position is an integral component of a fast paced environment. You will be joining a rapidly growing team and will be selected based on both experience/aptitude and a dynamic personality.
· Ability to create and interpret scientific documents including study protocols, SOP’s and regulatory guidelines.
· Generate, record and report raw data.
· Coordinate specific study activities with laboratory management.
· Dose different animal models via various techniques including intramuscular, intravenous, and intradermal routes.
· Perform daily health assessments of study animals.
· Collect blood and tissues for analysis and interface with the histology and clinical pathology labs.
· Daily calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
· B.S. in a scientific area (i.e. biology, veterinary sciences).
· ALAT certification or greater is not a requirement but is a plus
Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
This position is located in Bedford, MA.