Assistant Education Manager
Land’s Sake Farm, a nonprofit community farm in Weston MA, seeks a year-round Assistant Education Manager to help run programs in 2023 and beyond! The Assistant Education Manager will work closely with the Education Manager to help design and facilitate our farm-based programming. We emphasize place-based, hands-on learning experiences for all ages, and run programs featuring sustainable agriculture, food security, and more. Our outdoor programming runs in all seasons and comes in a wide variety of formats. The Assistant manager will provide crucial support to all educational programming on the farm. For more information about the organization, please visit our website at https://landssake.org/
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and leading education programs such as field trips, afterschool programs, summer and vacation week programming, family visits, volunteer groups, and birthday parties.
- Involved with designing and maintaining the education garden and other growing spaces
- Assisting with the management of education livestock (rabbits and chickens year-round, goats seasonally)
- Helping with administrative work such as: coordinating with visiting groups, scheduling, grant writing, record keeping, and updating lesson plans.
- Assisting with training, mentoring and supervising seasonal staff and interns.
- This role has the potential to grow in several ways as our organization expands, so those with an interest in event planning, volunteer management and/or animal management are encouraged to apply.
What we look for:
- Love and knowledge of education, farming, sustainability, food justice and natural sciences.
- Experience working with a variety of age groups in informal, hands-on settings.
- College degree or higher.
- Ability to lead groups solo as well as working with co-teachers.
- Ability to stay organized in an ever-changing environment and wear many hats.
- Clear communication, reliability and flexibility.
- Desire to get your hands dirty and have fun!
Duration and Compensation:
- Flexible schedule, to be built with a successful applicant. Ideal start date between November and January 2022, but negotiable for the right candidate.
- Starting at $17/hour, based on experience
- 15-40 hours a week depending on the season and schedule chosen by applicant (see options below)
- Half time position: 15-20 hours per week year round, consistent times and days.
- Three quarters time position: 15-25 hours per week November-March, 30-45 hours per week April-October. Vacation time as accrued, paid holidays, paid sick time, and optionally, 50% of health insurance premium covered by Land’s Sake. This position has the possibility of becoming full-time in the future.
- Free produce and flowers grown on the farm
- Paid 30 minute lunch break if the employee works six or more hours that day
- Professional development opportunities including trainings in areas of job
- related interests.
Send a resume and cover letter explaining what you would bring to our department to Education Manager Katrina Goldowsky-Dill at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start interviewing for this position in mid-September.