Curriculum Innovation & Design Specialist
Job Summary: We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Curriculum Innovation & Design Specialist to join our Youth Development team. This role will bring a fresh perspective and knowledge of afterschool programming tends to provide support in creating and updating current Camp Fire curriculum. The primary responsibilities will include working with the Curriculum Innovation & Design team to originate new curriculum, provide engaging curriculum training to all afterschool professionals, and beta test new curriculum to ensure student satisfaction.
Key Area of Responsibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. …Program Operations
· Conduct ongoing research to develop quality afterschool curricula and learning resources for students Kinder-5th grade.
· Design new curriculum focused in the areas of S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, agriculture, and math), S.E.L. (Socio-Emotional Learning), and Outdoor Education.
· Assist the Curriculum Innovation & Design team in beta testing each new curricula that is created to collect valuable feedback from Camp Fire students and afterschool professionals across a diverse range of ages, genders, ethnicities, and geographical regions.
· Support in providing interactive hands-on curriculum training for Camp Fire afterschool professionals to ensure all lessons are facilitated in an engaging manner.
· Assist Afterschool Programs as a Site Specialist/ Site Director of an afterschool site in the afternoons Monday-Friday.
· Any other duties that may be assigned.
· High school diploma with at least 2 years of equivalent work experience. Associate degree in Education, Youth Development, Human Services or any other equivalent area of education preferred.
· At least 1 year working with youth in a licensed afterschool center, community afterschool setting, elementary school setting, or equivalent work experience.
· Experience in research and development of afterschool trends.
· Excellent communication and public speaking skills to provide trainings to afterschool professionals.
· Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First Aid / CPR certified
· Ability to lift 40 pounds
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Ability to use office equipment including copiers, computers, and telephones
· Communicate with families, school partners, community partners, and the public, in a positive and professional manner through all forms of correspondence