Bilingual Customer Action Intern
Bilingual Customer Action Intern
Do you want to advance racial and economic justice while tackling climate change? All In Energy, a nonprofit organization, was founded in spring 2018 with a mission to accelerate an inclusive clean energy economy. We work hand-in-hand with cities and local community organizations to connect communities of color, Spanish speakers and renters to energy-saving programs and affordable renewable energy, which help families save money, make their homes healthier, and combat climate change. We are also creating new pathways into clean energy jobs, increasing green career opportunities for people of color, multilingual individuals and women.
We’re seeking caring and detail-oriented fully bilingual (Spanish/English) Customer Action Coordinator to help Spanish-speaking families across the state of Massachusetts navigate their way through Massachusetts’ generous, but complicated energy efficiency programs. You will play a critical role in ensuring the residents we meet receive high-quality support to access programs that can save their families money and make their homes healthier and more comfortable. You’ll also play a role in improving All In Energy’s organizational systems and customer follow-up resources. You’ll be working directly with senior leaders of our growing organization and your feedback on both tactical and strategic implementation of the program will have a large impact on future campaigns.
Responsibilities will include the following, in Spanish and English:
- Phone and Email Communications with Residents:
- Talk to residents on the phone to help them schedule no-cost home energy assessments.
- Communicate with residents via email to support them to take action.
- Follow up with residents who have received energy assessments to help them understand recommendations and remove barriers to adding insulation to their homes.
- Solicit feedback from residents who have been through the program and ask for referrals from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Maintain organized contact records and other data about partnerships and community members, as well as program successes and challenges.
- Provide input to improve organizational systems for keeping track of contact records and analyzing the success of our outreach and customer support efforts.
- Miscellaneous tasks associated with starting up a new nonprofit organization, as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, both written and spoken
- Passion for addressing global climate change, equitable clean energy access, or economic and environmental justice.
- Ability and desire to speak with strangers on the phone in Spanish and English to ask them to take a no-cost action to save money and energy while helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively problem solve and overcome obstacles.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a small, nimble team.
- Detail-oriented and able to keep tasks, records and systems organized.
- Experience communicating with the residents of low-income and/or majority-minority communities.
- Sales, outreach, or organizing experience, e.g. retail, political canvassing, fundraising
- Experience working with key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Experience with phone banking, voter registration calls, or other phone-based outreach.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems like Salesforce
- Basic knowledge of how homes use and lose energy.
Hours and Compensation:
- Part-time and Full-time available
- $18/hour plus performance-based commissions
- Additional benefits include a flexible schedule, paid sick time and vacation time, and a flexible working location. Work from home is possible, even in non-COVID times, with periodic meetings in Boston and/or Lawrence.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and a brief statement of your interest in the position and your qualifications.
All In Energy is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We are dedicated to broadening opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the clean energy economy. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace culture where talented people of widely diverse backgrounds can thrive. We are actively seeking people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in this work.