Operational Analyst (NJUS)
Purpose of Position
NetJets is a logistically complex, highly regulated, capital-intensive business, and those who fly NetJets expect the best in both safety and service. Constant change in operating conditions, economic conditions, the industry, and the needs and preferences of our customer base all drive high demand for data-driven decision making. At NetJets, the Business Insights & Analytics (BI&A) department seeks individuals who appreciate challenging, deadline-driven problems in a rapidly changing environment. Successful applicants will combine analytical expertise and aptitude with adaptability, practicality, and a strong ability to communicate. Those who enjoy seeing their work result in measurable business impacts will find NetJets rewarding and exhilarating. The BI&A mission is to deliver exceptional analytical insights and solutions to challenges throughout NetJets, and the team aims to be the trusted business partner for leaders at all levels of the company for analytical solutions, decision support, and strategic insights. This is a high-visibility, high-impact position.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Creates timely, relevant, and accurate analyses of operational and business data and processes at the level of fidelity required for the decisions at hand.
- Impacts business results and supports decision making at the operational, senior management, and executive levels through analytical modelling and visualization.
- Investigates, understands, and contributes to the departmental knowledge of diverse areas of the business and operation.
- Authors memos or presentations summarizing/explaining insights effectively and delivers work directly to senior leadership of the organization.
- Practices active listening and seeks feedback routinely to build business partner relationships and to foster trust in analytical insights and the recommendations of decision support tools and analyses.
- Provides expertise in statistics, data visualization, machine learning, mathematical optimization, simulation, or another analytical specialty.
- Learns new tools and techniques as needed to produce the best possible results.
- Performs analysis of both strategic and tactical business and operational questions while working independently, pragmatically, and with reliance on creative analytical curiosity. Analysis of data involves highly complex business and operational opportunities. Collaborates with business partners to analytically explore business and operational problems. Develops and maintains reports and dashboards to support business partners. Explores, understands, and acts to resolve operational issues through increasing business acumen. Simplifies complex analytical models/insights/solutions in presentations for senior leadership. Recommends solutions based on analytical insights.
- Collaborates with, mentors, develops, and supports other analysts, especially in the advancement of machine learning and cloud technologies.
- Leads special analytical projects and prepares detailed, comprehensive presentations supporting corporate initiatives.
Bachelor's in Mathematics or Data Analytics
Years of Experience
2-4 years of experience
Strives for Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Experience in an analytical platform such as SAS, Python, AWS, R, and/or visualization platform such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI
- Excellent analytical skills
- Exceptional creative problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented and proven ability to prioritize multiple objectives in a dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to understand and master new concepts quickly
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Initiative, confidence, and the drive to achieve results without explicit direction or detailed instruction
- Interest in and/or familiarity with aviation (commercial or private) preferred