Japan Society Individual Giving Intern
Japan Society’s Development office seeks applicants for our Fall 2022 internship. This individual will assist the Major Gift team with research and managing donor relations at Japan Society. This is an excellent opportunity to gain an introductory experience in fundraising and non-profit management at an internationally-recognized nonprofit cultural organization with a distinguished 113-year history.
Note: Japan Society’s Fall 2022 internship program gives interns the opportunity to choose whether to work in our office in a hybrid capacity, or on an offsite fully remote basis.
- Conduct research and identify new prospect members and donors; helping produce donor reports
- Updating donor and prospect information in Raiser’s Edge
- Provide staff support at various Society events
- Complete other projects as needed
Applicants should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and must be a dependable team player who can take the initiative on projects. Familiarity working with Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Internship Dates and Time Commitment:
• Fall Semester 2022 (September – December) with the option to extend to spring
• 16-20 hours (2-2.5 days) per week
- Learn various aspects of Individual Giving
- Database skill development
- General office skill development
- Develop internal and external communication skills
- Project management skill development
- Depending on internship length, direct project and/or campaign support
- Earn academic credit (if approved by your college/university)
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.