Japan Society Development Operations Intern
Japan Society’s Development office seeks two applicants for our Fall 2022 internship. The internship will focus on daily operations of an Individual Giving office. Working with the Development Operations team will be an excellent opportunity to gain an introductory experience in fundraising and non-profit management at an internationally-recognized nonprofit cultural organization with a distinguished 115-year history.
Note: Japan Society’s Fall 2022 internship program gives interns the opportunity to choose whether to work in our office in a hybrid capacity, or on an offsite fully remote
• Assist with processing and acknowledging Individual Giving memberships and gifts
• Fulfill Individual membership benefits such as distributing discount codes, ticket offers, and tracking RSVPs for events
• Conduct donor research and assist with updating donor/member information in Raiser’s Edge and Ticketure
• Represent the Individual Giving/Membership team by managing customer service inquiries via e-mail
• Pull weekly reports for the team
• Complete other projects as needed
Applicants should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and must be a dependable team player who can take the initiative on projects. Familiarity working with Microsoft Excel is a plus.
Internship Dates and Time Commitment:
• Fall Semester 2022 (September – December) with the option to extend to spring
• 16-20 hours (2-2.5 days) per week
• Gain first-hand experience in non-profit fundraising and research
• Database and general office skills development
• Earn academic credit (if approved by your college/university)
• Receive a recommendation letter from the supervising team member (upon request after successful completion of internship)
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.