2253 - Assistant Digital Producer
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED) is a 501(c)3 grantmaking foundation that receives an annual Congressional appropriation in excess of $310 million and is governed by a private bipartisan Board of Directors. This unusual arrangement positions NED to play a unique role as America’s leading foundation for freedom, empowering the institution to be nimble, innovative, and risk-taking in support of democratic activists, civil society organizations, independent media, and the NED family core institutes (the International Republican Institute, the National Democratic Institute, the Center for International Private Enterprise, and the Solidarity Center).
We seek a motivated, energetic, creative, and resourceful Assistant Digital Producer who is mission oriented, cares deeply about impactful visual storytelling, and would be excited to join a growing and fast-paced Communications and Public Engagement team.
Reporting to the Lead Digital Producer and collaborating across the team, the Assistant Digital Producer will help to produce engaging videos and other visuals that feature NED’s partners, events, and experts, and strengthen our mission of supporting democracy and human rights around the world.
NED is not just another non-profit organization in Washington, DC. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious institution committed to the cause of our time. The ideal candidate will be energized by the idea of supporting an expanding team to help tell the stories of our brave partners on the frontlines of the fight for freedom and democracy around the world, and of helping NED tell our own story as America’s foundation for freedom in new and engaging ways.
- Assist in the production of NED’s digital content to strengthen NED’s mission and digital content strategy—primarily video, in addition to photography, photo shoots, podcasts/audio, and graphics.
- Edit videos that align with our editorial calendar and strategic communications goals to create short-form packages for web distribution.
- Support filming and helping with live streaming of events, as needed.
- Assist in-studio and with field production, including pre-production research, booking, transcribing interviews, and obtaining/logging the rights to the material.
- Produce a variety of short videos including events, trailers, and interviews.
- Research and report on video metrics.
- Help with website updates as needed.
- Manage NED’s digital asset collections to properly organize our visuals for future use.
- The level of responsibility and independence in assigned tasks will increase with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Communications, Media Studies, or related field a plus).
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated web and multimedia skills, including experience with Adobe Premiere (other Creative Cloud applications a plus) and compressing video for the web.
- Filming experience required (DSLRs preferred).
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- A sample reel of video work is required.
- Strong background in short-form video editing for web and social media.
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, including social networking tools, Frame.io, stock video websites, YouTube, and Vimeo.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with multiple projects and production schedules.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems calmly under pressure.
- Demonstrates flexibility and quickly adapts to change while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Creative thinker who will bring new ideas to the team.
- Interest in international affairs is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly professional demeanor, with strong interpersonal and customer service skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff.
- Passionate about NED’s mission.
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, of which one should be a supervisor. Please, no phone call inquiries.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The NED is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The NED believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as an organization operating globally and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.