2023 PhD & Post Doc - Senior Scientist, mRNA Therapy
As a global company with operations across Asia, Europe, and North America, WuXi AppTec provides a broad portfolio of R&D and manufacturing services that enable global pharmaceutical and healthcare industry to advance discoveries and deliver groundbreaking treatments to patients. Through its unique business models, WuXi AppTec’s integrated, end-to-end services include chemistry drug CRDMO (Contract Research, Development and Manufacturing Organization), biology discovery, preclinical testing and clinical research services, cell and gene therapies CTDMO (Contract Testing, Development and Manufacturing Organization), helping customers improve the productivity of advancing healthcare products through cost-effective and efficient solutions.
Discovery Biology Unit (DBU) provides validated discovery assays, including in vitro assays (HTS, SAR screening support, compound selectivity and early safety profiling, and cancer cell panel profiling) and in vivo disease models in cardiovascular, CNS, respiratory, metabolic and infectious diseases. Founded in 2008, we have multiple function teams of ~500 scientists, including 11% PhD, 55% MSc, and led by 12 seasoned scientific leaders with an average of 15 years of R&D experience in the US, Canada, and UK. Learn more about DBU here.
Job Location: Shanghai/Chengdu, China
- Design, execute, and evaluate long-term and short-term strategies of RNA therapy platform.
- Set up, maintain and manage a multifunctional team focusing on mRNA therapy.
- Develop and enhance mRNA therapy related capabilities, establish and perform relevant biology methods based on program needs by working with internal and external collaborations.
- Effectively resolve scientific and technical challenges related to RNA therapy including but not limited to mRNA drugs.
- Source and manage relationships, evaluate the feasibility and effectiveness of outsource provider and collaborators.
- Lead a scientific team to achieve the objectives and to develop the capabilities
- Strive to enhance team performance through effective and efficient management of resources.
- Advice and develop BD strategies through close collaboration with BD team and supervisor.
- Document scientific findings and write articles and patents.
- Ph.D. in biology or a relevant major with experience in RNA drug discovery or related researches in industrial or academic institutes. Industrial exposure in mRNA therapy is preferred.
- A broad, deep and integrated knowledge of mRNA and other RNA drug discoveries, including chemical modifications, drug designs , delivery systems, in vitro and in vivo screenings, ADME/PK and toxicity studies, bioanalysis, bioinformatics for RNA agents.
- Familiar with the discovery and development of therapeutic RNAs, especially mRNA agents.
- Hands-on experience in cellular and molecular biology and immunology, etc.
- A proven track record of scientific publications on mRNA or other RNA drug discoveries.
- High motivation to embrace new technologies and tools.
- Proven ability and experience in managing and leading high performance teams.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, strong ability to build personal rapport with all stakeholders.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking Mandarin Chinese and English.