Japan Society Education & Family Program Intern
The Japan Society Education & Family Programs Department seeks a part-time intern with a background in Education and an interest in East Asian Studies. The ideal candidate will want to develop skills related to student, family, school, and teen programs, and child development.
- The intern will assist with various tasks including, but not limited to:
- Drafting posts for social media platforms.
- Distributing promotional materials for department related events.
- Supporting program development.
- Conducting and compiling research on a variety of topics.
- Preparing materials for family programs, gallery visits, and school workshops.
- Supporting families and teens during weekend programs.
- Helping with preparations for weekend programs and conferences for teachers.
- Day-to-day administrative/office support.
- Basic knowledge of and interest in Japanese culture
- Familiarity with or interest in K-12 and art education
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and maintain smooth communications.
- Fluency in English Japanese language ability not necessary, but a strong plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Internship Dates and Time Commitment:
- A minimum commitment of two days per week is necessary
- Experience best practice program models in an informal education setting
- Learn about child development and pedagogy in practice and gain experience working with early childhood, family and teen audiences
- Gain knowledge in various areas of Japanese history and culture
- Gain understanding of structure and functions in nonprofit sector.
Japan Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes a diverse workforce.