Friends of the American University of Afghanistan (FAUAF) is dedicated to supporting higher education in Afghanistan through entities such as the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF), Afghanistan's only independent, private, not-for-profit, non-sectarian, co-educational institution of higher learning.
Founded in 2008, FAUAF is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit location in Washington, DC. As the center for the dedicated supporters of higher education in Afghanistan, we work to ensure that education prevails in Afghanistan by providing financial support for programs that enhance higher education opportunities, and serving as the development and communications hub for United States donors.
The goal of the associate program is to have an opportunity to be involved in many aspects of business development, implementation, and communications, and provide support to the Friends staff.
At a minimum, applicants must be at least undergraduate students and be able to come into the FAUAF office at least 3 days a week (9:00a-4:00p). Candidates should have a strong academic background, organizational skills, and an interest in FAUAF's mission.
Preference is given to candidates with experience in database management, event planning, and communications and marketing.
- Provide general support for the Friends staff
- Research and report on potential grants related to Afghanistan, regarding economic development, gender issues, STM education, and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation of communication and marketing, including writing and research for the website, newsletters, and social media.
- Assist in the management of special public and private sector projects, grants, etc.
- Assist in event planning for fundraising events.
- Research viable partnerships with organizations, associates, corporations, etc.
- Assist with donor management, including database management, data cleaning, and data analysis.
- Assist with outreach and operations on projects related to AUAF alumni engagement.
- Manage general office digitization, including categorization of documents on share-drive.