Intern, Film Department
Intern, Film Department (Remote)
The Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany (Claims Conference), a nonprofit organization with offices in New York, Israel and Germany, secures material compensation for Holocaust survivors around the world. Founded in 1951 by representatives of 23 major international Jewish organizations, the Claims Conference negotiates for and disburses funds to individuals and organizations and seeks the return of Jewish property stolen during the Holocaust.
In 2021, the Claims Conference distributed approximately $820 million in direct compensation to over 210,000 survivors in 83 countries and allocated approximately $650 million in grants to over 300 social service agencies worldwide that provide vital services for Holocaust survivors, such as homecare, food and medicine. Our Research, Education, and Documentation (RED) funds contribute toward international efforts of film directors and museums to preserve the memory of the Holocaust, such as the film Son of Saul, an Oscar Award winner for Best Foreign Film. At the Claims Conference, we make history as we honor history.
The Claims Conference is looking to hire a part-time intern in the Film Department for a remote internship position (up to 29 hours per week). Ideal candidates have an interest in grantmaking and arts non-profit administration and are passionate and organized self- starters who can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A commitment to our cause, along with creativity, sense of ownership and exceptional attention to detail will enable your success in this role.
*Interested applicants should submit their resumes to email@example.com.
· Assist in the application review and grant administration workflow;
· Update distribution information for funded films;
· Assist in creating the completed projects film catalogue;
· Sourcing information for the monthly grantee newsletter.
· Update film website and draft social media content
· College Student (Upperclassman) or Graduate Students;
· Areas of study and/or interest in cinema studies, history, cultural studies, non-profit administration, or cultural studies;
· Strong research and information-gathering skills;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Ability to multi-task;
· Excellent oral and written communication;
· Familiarity with social media.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.