The Palisades Group (“Company”) is an investment firm that is seeking two Investment Interns to join its growing and dynamic team. As part of the Investment Team, the Interns’ responsibilities will include strategizing, formulating, and implementing business development initiatives on the Company’s loan origination arm, participating in special department projects, creating performance and investor reports and other ad-hoc analysis as needed. Interns must have a strong analytical background, be proficient at manipulating/analyzing large datasets, and have a superior knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
This is a small team, and any candidate must be a team-player, able and willing to work on cross-over projects, able to pick up complex concepts and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents. The position will allow the Interns to collaboratively work across the Company’s cross-functional teams (Trading & Analytics, Asset Management, Capital Markets, Data Research & Reporting, Transaction Management, and Collateral Management) and to learn from the firm’s industry leading professionals. The ideal candidates will be intellectually curious, self-starters, and have a strong attention to detail.
As of March 31, 2022, Palisades manages mortgage, real estate and fixed income assets that amount to over $6 billion in notional balance through a combination of discretionary funds and separate accounts for globally recognized asset managers, private equity firms, family offices, banks, foundations, endowments, broker dealers, and insurance companies.
- Strategize with, formulate, and implement borrower sourcing initiatives in the Company’s origination arm(s).
- Assist in trade settlements by negotiating and preparing non-disclosure agreements and purchase confirmations.
- Assist in sourcing assets, portfolio management, and managing financing facilities.
- Contribute to and participate in bi-weekly Investment Committee via reporting and presentation.
- Research and provide statistics on the state of fixed income and real estate markets.
- Participates as needed in special department projects.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other related fields. Candidates working towards degrees in other fields with a strong academic may also be considered.
- Technical: Proven record of or ability to create spreadsheet-based reports, tools, and analyses. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel; experience with SQL a plus.
- Candidates must be team players, able to manage multiple projects while maintaining extreme focus, able to pick up complex concepts, and communicate effectively to both internal and external constituents.
- Ability to deal with advanced problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized or specialty situations.
- Candidates must be highly motivated and work with minimal supervision, but also work well with teams.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence, and procedures, speak clearly to customers, employees, vendors, and counterparties.
- Successful candidates must have excellent organizational skills and be able to meet the demands and deadlines that are a part of this position. Attention to detail is a must.
- Energetic individuals that thrive on responsibility and decision-making will be sought.