Attorney-Adviser (Attorney Honors Fellow) - OMS
This position is in the Office of Mission Support (OMS), Environmental Appeals Board (EAB).
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About OMS: Office of Mission Support
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct legal research for the Environmental Appeals Judges and one or more Senior Attorney-Advisers in connection with cases under administrative appeal.
- Assist Senior Attorney-Advisers in the preparation and review for legal sufficiency of all matters on appeal to the Board under major environmental statutes.
- Analyze legal and scientific data pertinent to the case, including testimony and pleadings, and evaluate facts and law.
- Participate in meetings/conferences with industry representatives and their attorneys and other program officials having knowledge of facts relevant to the case on appeal.
- Responsible for the accuracy of information and legal citations which are being incorporated into the legal documents being prepared by the Environmental Appeals Judges or Senior Attorney-Adviser.
- Assist in the preparation for and conduct of, oral argument and the analysis of the hearing record as directed by the Environmental Appeals Judges and/or Senior Attorney-Adviser.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.