University Associate, Cybersecurity
Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
This position supports the Ankura Data & Technology Business Group - one of seven practices focused on client delivery services across the Firm.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: Ankura’s Cyber team is a dedicated multi-national team of experts focusing on NIST Compliance, Cyber Incident Response, Compliance Incident Readiness, and Digital Forensics. The team includes former federal agents and law enforcement officials, information security forensic experts, computer forensic experts, information management experts, and court-accepted expert witnesses. The team has extensive experience responding to and investigating security incidents, network compromises, and data breaches. Practitioners use this knowledge to assess organizations’ risk factors, security posture, and incident response plans while protecting their digital interests and reducing their risks. An Associate will participate in security incident investigations to collect and analyze information using sophisticated data mining techniques and other data analysis tools. Ankura is focused on hiring Associates who will serve as the foundation of a growing firm dedicated to its people, culture, and delivering the highest quality service to clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Cyber team to participate in security incident investigations that involve computer crimes and require data analysis
- Work with the Cyber team to collect and analyze information that was potentially ex-filtrated to identify sensitive personal information and medical information
- Utilize Microsoft SQL Server and other data analysis tools to capture sensitive information
- Work with Cyber Team (and other practice groups, dependent on the project) to prepare reports detailing potentially exposed sensitive information for clients and legal counsel
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree or graduate degree in computer science, digital forensics, information security or a related field and graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 with a solid academic performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in team-oriented projects within a dynamic and fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and other programming languages
- Strong interest in using technology to solve complex problems
- Ability to manage time and tasks to meet deadlines for clients who work in time-sensitive industries
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.