University Associate, Intellectual Property
Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and growth.
This position supports the Ankura Disputes & Economics Business Group - one of seven practices focused on client delivery services across the Firm.
Practice Summary: The Intellectual Property (IP) practice focuses on the valuation of cutting-edge technology including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Our ability to value intangible assets for the world’s largest IP owners and small savvy innovators puts our team at the forefront of the most prominent industries. We combine state-of-the art data and analytics with advanced valuation methodologies to support decision-making in transactions, portfolio management, and disputes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Associates on Ankura’s IP team are given a unique opportunity to develop their skills across a variety of areas while working in a collaborative team environment to provide clients with innovative solutions to their most pressing problems. Our Associates perform a wide range of functions including but not limited to:
- Analytics and Problem Solving – Ankura’s Associates perform critical, value-add work that can directly impact a client’s bottom line. Responsibilities may include developing and performing financial, accounting, economic, and statistical analyses; providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis; developing computer models including detailed and complex spreadsheet analyses; and assisting with data gathering activities including document review, research, and quality control of data entry activities. Our professionals may also assist in the preparation of expert reports and exhibits, and in creating proper documentation for our analyses.
- Client Service and Project Management – Our employees execute and deliver high quality engagement tasks both independently and in a collaborative setting with a focus on client satisfaction. Our Associates play a lead role in supporting key client projects, ensuring projects are completed in an efficient manner to meet client deadlines.
- Practice and Business Development – Our Associates participate in the management and development of practice initiatives (e.g., recruiting, people and culture, internal communications, and training) and assist our leaders as they engage in the pursuit of new business including drafting documents, proposals, and client presentations.
- Industry Knowledge and Development – As an Associate, you can expect to expand your industry knowledge, contribute to the development of consulting capabilities, and effectively articulate our key business propositions to clients.
Basic Qualifications, Skills, and Characteristics:
Candidates should be top academic performers, be interested in the consulting industry, and meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree with an expected graduation date that falls between December 2022 to June 2023. Preference will be given to business and technical majors (e.g. Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics).
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving ability and a collaborative mindset.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Highly motivated, driven, and dynamic attitude towards work and career.
- Ability to excel within a team environment and independently.
- Passionate about work and personal life.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Access, SQL, and Visio is a plus.
- Demonstrable willingness to travel up to 100% for client engagements and work overtime when needed.
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.