Allocation Analyst Development Program - 2023 Start Dates
If you want an exciting career with one of the fastest-growing companies in off-price retail, join the Merchandise Planning & Allocation team at Burlington Stores! Are you a data-driven problem-solver with strong analytical skills? Do you work well in a team environment where collaboration and communication are key to driving results? Would you thrive in a fast-paced workplace where no two days are the same? If you are a recent graduate or just looking to launch your retail career, this may be the role for you!
As an Allocation Analyst, you play a critical role in ensuring the timely and proper placement of merchandise in stores, always striving to achieve our goal to get the right products in the right stores at the right time! Your strong analytical skills will help you optimize product mixes through analysis of store inventory levels, demographic information, and other location-specific data that directly influence the strategic planning of merchandise assortments. Although not required, individuals with retail store management experience may be well-qualified to transition into this role. You’ll go through an extensive 4-week training and onboarding program to teach you all the skills you’ll need to perform your daily tasks successfully. If you’re interested in long-term career growth, our Allocation Analysts often choose to follow a traditional growth trajectory through the Allocations team or transitioning to the Planning team!
This is a hybrid role which will consist of in office and remote work.
- Ensure that the right merchandise is being sent to the right stores at the right times and in the right quantities in order to maximize sales.
- Manage and manipulate data and spreadsheets to analyze and accurately predict how merchandise should be allocated and distributed throughout the company.
- Work alongside Buying and Planning team members to understand the off-price business model and execute the business strategy effectively.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve allocation issues with appropriate individuals so that timely allocation of merchandise can be achieved.
- Escalate urgent errors or requests for clarification to the appropriate business partner.
- Reflect on and evaluate data to determine where improvements and changes can be made to existing strategy.
- Ensure Pack and Hold items are released in accordance with release plan. Review and release DC reserve allocations bi-weekly.
Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and basic Microsoft Excel abilities. Retail experience is preferred.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.