Bilingual Support Counselor
*Now offering a $2000 sign-on bonus for new Seneca employees in this position!
As a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Support Counselor in Wraparound services, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team to provide behaviorally focused mental health services to children and families receiving Special Education support through their local school district. As a Support Counselor, you will provide family-based mental health counseling, coaching, crisis intervention, and case management services to children and families. Family Support Counselors are members of a treatment team, and provide services in the community, including, but not limited to: family homes, schools, and public community settings.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Provide direct behavioral health services to youth open with Wraparound, guided by client’s team.
- Engage in coaching and skills transfer to that youth’s caregivers, teachers, and significant support people.
- Complete Behavioral Observations 1:1 for all clients.
- Provide on-call coverage to the clients and their families to community-based resources.
- Participate in all treatment reviews, program staff meetings, and IEP meetings when necessary.
- Complete progress notes and other paperwork, and complete service tracking documentation as indicated.
- Assist with planning for transportation arrangements for school, therapy appointments, and court hearings.
- Participate in weekly individual and group supervision with the program supervisor or designee.
- Maintain accurate documentation and paperwork including but not limited to time sheets, petty cash, and mileage.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately representing Seneca’s mission and philosophy.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor or other Seneca Management.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual Spanish/English abilities required
- Strong written and verbal skills, including solid computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Experience providing strong behavioral interventions with youth (preferably within a community based setting)
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with a diverse population of clients
- Valid California Driver’s License and insurability by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal
- Must show proof of Covid-19 fully vaccinated and boosted
- Full-Time; Monday - Friday
- Flexible schedule required, with the ability to work some evenings and weekend hours as needed
- Starting at $26 per hour. Actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role.
- Annual salary increases provided each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.