Temporary Bilingual Mental Health Therapist
The Mental Health Therapist is part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinical professionals providing mental health services children and their caregivers. Specialty populations include foster and adopted children, children impacted by trauma and those being raised by relatives. The Mental Health Therapist will participate in the daily provision of services to clients within the program through assessment, diagnosing, direct mental health therapy and case management functions in family systems, strength-based model.
Seneca supports clinicians towards licensure and beyond. We provide individual and group supervision, regular clinical case conferences, and licensure and renewal courses led by field experts. Expenses such as outside trainings or licensure fees can be mitigated though your clinical training stipend, and you will receive a $4000 salary increase upon getting licensed. Looking to expand your clinical skills even more? Apply for a Professional Development Scholarship and achieve certifications in areas such as CBT, DBT, EMDR, or Spanish for mental health practitioners. Training and growth opportunities in the agency are abundant, and Seneca is committed to helping you advance in your career!
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. We are committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we serve.
- Promptly respond to referrals of children and adolescents who present with symptoms of psychiatric disorders.
- Complete assessment and evaluation process of assigned clients including: obtaining consents for all aspects of treatment, obtaining relevant documents and meeting/speaking with various adults or professionals involved in the client’s life in order to develop and implement the treatment plan.
- On cases that indicate a medical necessity for treatment, implement a case specific treatment plan in order to provide mental health services including individual, family and group therapy in addition to case management, linkage and consultation with community resources including schools and other providers.
- Maintain availability for crisis intervention services.
- Complete regular, timely reviews of all assigned cases.
- Comply with all requirements of child abuse reporting, Medi-Cal compliance and confidentiality in accordance with standards set by Seneca Family of Agencies.
- Complete progress notes and assessments within agency and Medi-cal standards.
- Attend trainings for Evidence Based Practices (EBP) and implement EBPs in accordance with fidelity of the model.
- Assists with creating and updating assigned portions of electronic client files according to established procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client and business operations information.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or similar field.
- Eligible to register with the California BBS and maintain current registration/licensure at all times.
- Direct work experience providing therapy based services to children, adolescents and families required.
- Must have experience and understanding of the clinical diagnostic process and utilization of the DSM 5.
- Direct work experience and/or understanding of clinical issues pertaining to children in the child welfare system, adoption, relative care giving a plus.
- Experience working with trauma and attachment issues a plus.
- Competent in Medi-Cal documentation requirements.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and computer skills; ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under Seneca Family of Agencies insurance policy.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster required.
- Tuesday through Saturday.
- Competitive Salary. Actual salary is dependent on creditable experience above the minimum qualifications for the role.
- Additional $4000 salary increase for BBS licensure.
- Comprehensive employee benefits.
- This is a temporary position.
Key Words: Social Worker, Mental Health, Therapist, Therapy, Social Work, Non-profit, Nonprofit, Youth, Advocate, Family, Children, Families, Behavioral Health, Healthcare