U220074 - Associate Director or Director of Advancement, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - University Advancement
University Advancement has a vacancy in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. An Associate Director or Director of Advancement title will be considered, dependent on a candidate’s qualifications for this position. Under the general leadership of the University at Buffalo’s Senior Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Associate Director/Director of Advancement will be responsible for raising private gifts for the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) as part of the university’s overall fundraising program.
This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic fundraising professional who is eager to participate in the evolution of the fundraising programs at the University at Buffalo. The Associate Director/Director will join a team of professionals who are focused on ensuring sustainable philanthropic growth commensurate with the needs of SEAS by engaging alumni and friends, soliciting prospects and stewarding donors in a professional and collaborative manner.
Highlighted duties include:
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Advancement and colleagues in the Division of University Advancement, as well as the dean, faculty, and key volunteers to pursue a coordinated and strategic program of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects and donors for SEAS.
- Develop and manage a donor/prospect portfolio of 125-150 individuals, including those in early-stage cultivation and/or with whom the university has little to no relationship.
- Participate in SEAS and university events to cultivate relationships with donors, prospects, key volunteers, and all internal partners.
Salary range: $60,000 – $85,000
Division of University Advancement
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through the Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate Director: A minimum of two years in a fund-development or revenue-generating role, with demonstrated success in goal achievement, planning, and personal solicitation. Related experience in professional sales/marketing, financial planning/advising and other fields will be considered. Experience in Advancement that falls outside of fundraising will also be considered.
- Director: A minimum of four years of fundraising experience in personal solicitation, including major gift solicitation, and proven success in goal achievement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; intellectual curiosity; the ability to deal with complex concepts and ambiguity as well as to negotiate conversations/details.
- Technical/digital competence.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and to work evenings and on occasional weekends.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.