Analyst II - Reimbursement and Decision Support - Full time - Days
Position is responsible hospital month-end close revenue accounting, cost report preparation, audits and regulatory analyses. Ongoing responsibilities are listed below.
Job duties may include any or all of the following:
• Prepare Medicare, Medicaid and Tricare cost reports in compliance with government regulations. Cost reporting experience is not required.
• Handle cost report audits with accuracy and completion, and within established audit timelines. Demonstrate thorough understanding of the audit issues or a willingness and ability to learn and comprehend the issues.
• Research regulations and prepare regulatory impact analyses for Government payers. Determine financial impacts to PHS business units.
• Prepare audit schedules for external audit firms and internal accounting department by the defined deadline.
• Prepare month-end close model and JEs for accounting department in accordance with GAAP. Demonstrate complete understanding of how the model is calculated and what each component of revenue means. Understands how the model results and JEs impact net revenue. Determine causes of variances.
• Maximize efficiencies within the department by leveraging technology. Uses Excel and Infor CloudSuite efficiently and effectively, creating high quality, accurate workpapers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting or finance in a healthcare environment.
• Advanced user of Excel (must pass an Excel assessment during interview process).
• Strong problem solving and math skills (must pass a written assessment during interview process).
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
• Core competencies includes: analytical thinking, information seeking, concern for quality, teamwork.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit www.promedica.org/about-promedica
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace