Teacher Resident: Middle & High School
Launch an Impactful Career in Teaching - No Experience Required
NYU Steinhardt, in partnership with school districts and charter networks across the country, is seeking talented, committed, and diverse prospective secondary English, math, social studies, special education, and science teachers to participate in an immersive, leading-edge teacher preparation program, the NYU Teacher Residency. In just one year, residency participants earn a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) taught by the world-renowned Steinhardt faculty, while simultaneously gaining real-world classroom experience.
Upon successful completion of the program, eligible participants often receive preferential hiring in their placement schools or networks as full-time teachers, and make a commitment to teach for at least two additional years.
Why Apply? You’ll acquire valuable classroom experience in a middle or high school as you study to become a certified English, math, social studies, science, or special education teacher. Program features include:
- Our full-day residency partners pay yearly stipends ranging from $30,000 - $55,000
- Innovative curriculum developed and taught virtually by NYU Steinhardt faculty
- Supportive learning communities with fellow residents and teaching mentors
- Regular feedback and coaching on your teaching in one-on-one and small group sessions with NYU Steinhardt faculty
- Affordable tuition and scholarship support for eligible students
Who Can Apply? College graduates with a strong academic grounding in English, math, social studies, or science are encouraged to apply. To qualify for special education, you need a foundation in the liberal arts and a desire to support students with special needs. While no previous teaching experience or education coursework is necessary, a commitment to social justice and a strong belief that every child deserves a great education is required.
FINAL Application Deadline: May 1, 2023