Finance Leadership Development Rotational Program 2023
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to submit an application using the link below. Only candidates with a completed application with be considered for an interview and next steps. Thank you for your interest!
At nVent, we’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Early Careers at nVent
Innovation, inclusion, and growth.
By joining nVent, you have the opportunity to help build a more sustainable and electrified world, to be celebrated for bringing your authentic self to work and to bring forward bold ideas that drive your personal and professional growth. Our culture of positive energy, integrity and respect will be the fuel you need to launch a purposeful, exciting career. Dream big, expect development and plug into our growing, global community where your diverse skills and talents will be deployed to make a difference in todays electrified world.
Finance Leadership Development Rotational Program 2023
The Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) is a three-year rotational program designed to prepare and develop the next generation of leaders within the finance and accounting organization. FLDP Associates will develop leadership and technical skills through a variety of rotational experiences, formal & informal training, mentorship and leadership opportunities. Participants with spend 12 months in each rotation at one or more of our U.S.-based locations. This accelerated program will provide associates with rotational experiences through several different facets of the finance and accounting function, while gaining exposure and valuable development within a global organization.
Rotation examples and post-program roles include:
- Business Segment Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Enterprise FP&A
- Internal Audit
- External Reporting
- Investor Relations
- Manufacturing Finance
- Commercial Finance
What You Will Experience in this Position:
New FLDP participants will join a cohort of incoming associates from various functions, starting in June 2023 for a week of onboarding and training before starting the first rotation. Other program highlights include:
- Training & Development: Training and development is provided throughout each year of the rotational program, fostering the development of functional competencies, business insight and leadership capabilities.
- Community: Join a community of other early career professionals as you launch your career. A peer-led committee helps to organize social, professional and service-related activities and events for program participants. You will be invited to join our Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) which offer special events, networking, professional development and volunteer opportunities throughout the year as a way to promote inclusion and respect and to help us embrace our diversity.
- Mentorship & Networking: Build a network of peers, managers and senior leaders to support your career path and aid your growth. Gain exposure to nVent professionals at every level who will act as formal and informal mentors as you rotate through the program.
- Career Opportunities: The FLDP provides first-hand exposure and experience to accelerate your career and is designed to develop high-caliber individuals into future leaders.
At nVent your health and well-being are important to us. As an FLDP Associate you are eligible for nVent’s comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Relocation benefits to those who qualify
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Health care plans (including medical, dental and vision)
- Paid time off to participate in volunteer opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- nVent AllnWellness program
- Retirement plan and stock purchase plan
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education
- Geographic flexibility to relocate as necessary both during the program and upon completion of the FLDP program is required.
- First rotation locations may include by are not limited to - Minneapolis, MN (St. Louis Park) and Cleveland, OH (Solon).
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or economics
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and available to begin full time employment in June 2023
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions now or in the future
- Geographic flexibility both during and upon completion of the program
- Previous internship or work experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Willingness to learn and to work collaboratively with all levels within the organization
- Energy to listen, learn and work in ambiguous situations
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Previous industry-related internship work experience
A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers
Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.