Ad Sales Internship Experience
DIRECTV is changing the way the world experiences entertainment. We’re delivering cutting edge products and services that redefine the future. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we’re revolutionizing the way our customers access content anytime, anywhere. With premier video services like DIRECTV, our industry leading team, is at the forefront of making it all happen. Together, we’re creating the best entertainment and communications experience in the world.
Dive into our Advertising Sales organization as a summer of 2023 intern! The work our team does impacts DIRECTV directly from shaping our advertising strategy, advancing advertising technologies, product management/marketing and driving our evolution through data driven decision making.
Depending on your interests and area of study, you’ll get the chance to work with one of our teams (Advertising Technology, Marketing, Campaign Analytics, Sales Planning, and Systems Implementation) on projects that help drive the future of DIRECTV. Wherever you may land, you will get the chance to put your education and skills to the test and see real world effects!
In this role, you may work on:
· Assist in advancing our advertising technology across API integrations, enterprise data warehouses, dashboard creation, and data analytics to support our evolving digital and TV advertising strategy.
· Assist the Marketing and Product Marketing teams across all disciplines, including brand, creative, experiential, sales enablement, and training initiatives.
· Campaign report creation; manage internal post campaign report tracker; create final mock tracker utilizing Power Query; create mock post campaign report & present findings.
· Assist the Planning Management team in Weekly and able to identify potential red flags/issues. Pull monthly metrics, stewardship reports, etc. Help manage the deletion of attributes and cleanup of Master Attribute Sheet. Assist in the organization and consolidation of repetitive reports.
· Ad server management; Client Success; Streamline Ad Operations.
· Business analyst and contributor for upcoming AOS migration. Assist operations team with the implementation of a new order management system, including liaison between stakeholders, and vendor, user acceptance testing, training documentation, and scoping of system.
Majors/Concentrations we’re looking for:
· Open to all business, technology and communications majors
· Passionate about TV or digital advertising, ad tech and media
Skills and Experience:
· Collaborative work style with strong interpersonal and communication capabilities
· Demonstrated success in a cross functional environment
· Power Query & Power BI
· Experienced in Office, specifically, PowerPoint and Excel
· Solid creative writing skills
· Experience in current technology tools and languages and/or infrastructure platforms. Examples include Agile Process, Java, Python, Unix, Kubernetes, AWS, Snowflake, API Development (SOAP, REST), Relational databases (Oracle, MariaDB).
· Database Management, QA, Marketing Analytics
Various start dates are available with a program end date of August 11th, 2023.
Position requires full US work authorization.