HR Specialist - Recent Graduates (GS-7/9/11)
Interested candidates may apply online through 9/30/2022 at: USAJOBS - Job Announcement
This opportunity is open to US Citizens and Nationals who have graduated from an accredited educational institution or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Applications will be accepted for the full open period as stated. The first applicant list may be generated using an initial cut-off date of 16-SEP-2022. A second list will be generated after the closing date.
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN. It is not a remote work opportunity. Local telework availability within the commuting area of Indianapolis will be based upon mission requirements and supervisory determination.
Provides advisory services to customers, resolves complex issues regarding HR functional areas to include staffing, classification and position management, benefits, learning and development, information systems or labor/employee relations.
Recruitment and Placement: Advises managers on recruitment options and strategies. Work involves recruiting, examining, selecting and placing employees and performing job analysis to develop effective selection tools for specific positions.
Position Management and Classification: Advises managers and supervisors regarding position management and the efficient use of civilian positions. Performs position audits and writes position descriptions and evaluation statements.
Benefits/Workers' Compensation: Advises management and customers on federal benefits programs to include health, life, retirement, Thrift Savings Program (TSP), and Workers' Compensation Program.
Learning and Development: Works with agency customers to assess the training needs of the agency. Participate in the design, development, delivery and evaluation of employee training and development initiatives.
Labor and Management Employee Relations: Advises and counsels managers and supervisors regarding employee relations, labor relations, performance management, leave administration and incentive and performance award programs.HR Information Systems: Works with functional end-users to ensure the efficient use of HR Information systems; supports data management and retrieval, and development and implementation of system upgrades to support mission requirements.
**DUTIES REFLECT WORK ASSIGNED AT THE FULL PERFORMANCE (GS-11) GRADE LEVEL. DUTIES ASSIGNED AT AN ENTRY GRADE OF GS-07 OR GS-09 WILL BE DEVELOPMENTAL IN NATURE.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for Federal employment**This Job Opportunity Announcement is using an additional online assessment tool to evaluate applicants. Please review the HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED, HOW TO APPLY and WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT sections below for instructions.
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe the full scope of your work experiences in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
TO BE ELIGIBLE: Applicants must meet Post-Secondary Direct Hire Authority status via one of the following:
- Must be awarded a degree by an institution of higher education from a public or non-profit institution not more than two years before the date of appointment OR
- expect to be awarded a degree by a public or non-profit institution of higher learning on or before 31-DEC-2022 OR
- completed a period obligated service in a unformed service of more than four years and was awarded a degree by an institution of higher education from a public or other non-profit institution not more than four years before the date of appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: If an individual cannot be appointed within the timeframes specified above, he/she will not be provided further consideration under this DHA and/or a tentative job offer may be withdrawn.
For more information or to apply visit: USAJOBS - Job Announcement