Fundraising and Operations Intern for Growing Non Profit - Fall Semester 2023
WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH A LOCAL GROWING NONPROFIT?
Fundraising & Operations Internship
Fall Semester 2023 (Flexible)
Who You Are
DMAX Foundation is recruiting young leaders like you, who
- Want to make a difference by helping others.
- Believe in the importance of mental health and well-being for all.
- Enjoy building relationships.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and sharp attention to detail.
- Value creativity, innovation, and collaborative problem-solving.
If this is you, then we want to speak to you about our amazing internship opportunity!
Who We Are
DMAX Foundation is an impact organization whose mission is to create connections and conversations that matter to strengthen mental health and emotional well-being for young people.
We accomplish this through DMAX Clubs on college campuses. The Clubs create an environment where students get together to talk about how they are doing, how their friends are doing, and how they can help each other. Mental health is everyone’s concern.
We are seeking a mission-oriented intern with keen business insight, technical acumen, and relationship-building skills to promote and support DMAX Foundation’s mental health clubs on college campuses. As a fundraising and operations intern, you will be supporting the DMAX Clubs by interfacing with current donors and learning to prospect for new donors, becoming knowledgeable with the “tools of the trade” in terms of database work (Salesforce and Donor Search), and helping to develop and implement fundraising strategies, campaigns, and events.. You will also serve as a liaison between the Foundation and existing DMAX Clubs, as well as with students interested in starting new Clubs at other colleges and universities. You will also be included in other operational aspects of the organization.
As a member of the intern team, you will work closely with the Operations and Fundraising Coordinator, the DMAX Club Communication and Events Coordinator, the DMAX Club Program Coordinator, and the Executive Director, on a variety of fundraising and operations projects.
You will grow your skills and get practical, hands-on business experience:
- Developing and implementing outreach strategies for, corporate and individual donors, Foundation-related events
- Planning fundraising campaigns and events.
- Partnering with DMAX staff on curating and maintaining our donor and sponsor database in Salesforce and Donor Search, and working in Excel, Google Sheets, and our our donation platform.
- Performing donor and market research for fundraising campaigns and events.
- Developing vital sales skills to interface successfully with corporate and individual donors.
- Conducting grant research and learning the ins-and-outs of applying for grant funding.
- Creatively using social media and other digital marketing tools for outreach to grow DMAX Clubs..
- Helping start or support a DMAX Club at your school.
- Completing and presenting your own capstone project to build your professional portfolio.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Creativity and innovation
- Good organizational skills
- Persistence and persuasiveness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, and organizational skills
- Experience developing project plans and meeting deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Marketing experience and knowledge
- Social media networking, outreach, and promotion
- Facility using Google Workspace, Google Sheets/Slides/Docs
- Persuasion/sales experience such as donor solicitation or retail or customer service, a plus
- Salesforce or other CRM database experience, a plus
- If your school allows it, this internship is available for college credit. Students seeking this option should inquire with their academic advisor.
- There will be opportunities for professional development through working with the Foundation’s Executive Director and other members of the DMAX team.
- The satisfaction of seeing your ideas and contributions incorporated into the fabric of the organization’s work.
- Working as part of a creative and close-knit team of interns.
- Commensurate with your work, you will receive a letter of recommendation that will recognize the contributions of your work to the Foundation.
Virtual, with possible in-person work in the Philadelphia area.
Time Frame - Flexible - 4 months, 8 months, 12 months
- Possibility for both fall and spring semesters- 12 - 20 hours per week
- Start date flexible - around Sept 1
- End date flexible - end of fall semester preferred
At the end of your time with DMAX you will receive a small stipend for your work.
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions on Handshake for submitting your resume along with a cover letter that highlights your relevant qualifications and your interest in the position.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS IN .PDF FORM