Fixed Income – Investment Analyst – Investment Grade Corporate Bonds
This position is located in our downtown Pittsburgh office and offers a hybrid work schedule.
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Hermes, Inc. (NYSE: FHI) for world-class investment solutions. Federated Hermes has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $631 billion in assets under management. Federated Hermes is a global leader in active responsible investing with one of the largest engagement and stewardship teams in the world representing over $1 trillion in assets under advisement.
Federated Hermes has a new opportunity for an Investment Analyst for our Pittsburgh headquarters. This position may focus on consumer products, food & beverage, and retailers and will be a key member of the Investment Grade Corporate Bond group, which manages approximately $20 Billion in assets. As an Investment Analyst, you will conduct in-depth research and analysis to support the firm’s investment decision-making process. An ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, passionate about finding the answers, and confident in making recommendations. Position title of senior investment analyst / intermediate analyst will be commensurate with experience.
· Bachelor degree; MBA strongly preferred
· Minimum of 3 years of fixed income or equity valuation analysis experience required; investment grade and/or high yield preferred
· Solid accounting and finance experience
· Proficiency with Excel, Word and Bloomberg
· CFA or progress toward CFA preferred
· Conduct fundamental, in-depth credit analysis to assess credit quality and to make investment recommendations.
· Provide and maintain internal credit assessments and develop sector expertise to assist in portfolio management decisions.
· Participate in and present at credit and sector tactical meetings with portfolio managers, traders and other analysts.
· Maintain on-going, frequent communications with portfolio managers, analysts and traders.
· Develop and maintain working rapport with external industry sources, as needed, to support credit analysis responsibilities and investment decision making.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or related field with a solid foundation in finance and accounting required
· CFA or progress towards CFA designation preferred
· Prior investment-related work experience preferred
· Excellent research and analytical skills required
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment
· Solid work ethic with superior analytical skills and the ability to multitask
· Travel may be required on occasion
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and professional sports scenes. Federated Hermes is a company that fosters a collaborative culture and recognizes the value of individual contributions.
For additional information about this opportunity go to:
Federated Investors, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.