Company: Rystad Energy, Inc.
Title: Upstream Analyst
Location: Houston, TX
Rystad Energy is a leading energy research and consulting firm headquartered in Oslo, Norway with 20 offices across the world. The company was founded in 2004 to provide strategic consulting services and has evolved into one of the leading research organizations with a series of databases and reports covering the global energy industry and other parts of the energy space. Our team of industry experts serve our client base, including the largest oil & gas and energy companies, financial and oilfield service companies.
Rystad Energy is looking for an analyst to work in Houston as part of our E&P team and contribute to the greater global research teams. Your task will be to survey the US onshore upstream activity and to provide our clients with leading and relevant intelligence. Candidates with very strong analytical skills and some experience within the upstream oil and gas space, operator, service company or from the financial community will be preferred. We are looking for team members able to work independently under tight deadlines and able to juggle multiple priorities.
The E&P team is part of the analyst department in Rystad Energy and is responsible for maintaining and developing our database products within the E&P space. The work consists of collecting and analyzing data and presenting this to clients. This will give you a deep understanding of the global oil industry and you will work in close collaboration with our consultants and programmers, as well as our business developers. The successful candidate will be a part of the global team of Analysts working in the E&P department.
- Obtain and analyze upstream data related to the North American Upstream sector
- Follow a set of E&P companies and make sure our data on these companies is up to date
- Ability to model and value Oil and Gas assets
- Identify and determine the impact of external factors such as prices, M&A, geopolitics & policy etc. on activity
- Build and maintain a network of contacts with operators, service companies and government bodies
- Write insightful commentaries on industry trends
- Contribute into the E&P team’s work to build the core UCube offering
- Support our external clients, Consultants and business development team
Skills & Attributes for Success
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Petroleum Engineering or other related Engineering disciplines, Geoscience, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience, upstream O&G background preferred
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Scripting experience in languages such as SQL, Python, Matlab preferred
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- Fluent in English; other languages are a plus.
- Self-motivated, proactive and independent as well as a strong team player.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Work Location & Travel Requirements
This position is located in Houston, TX. Moderate travel will be expected nationally with occasional international trips. This position has an expected Summer 2023 start date.
Please include a CV, transcript and other relevant documents when you upload your application. Αll applications must be sent exclusively via our portal. Application deadline: September 30, 2022. For any questions regarding this role, please contact Cole Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Rystad Energy
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and with offices across the globe, Rystad Energy is independent Energy research and business intelligence company providing data, tools, analytics, and consultancy services to clients exposed to the energy industry across the globe.
Rystad Energy has a range of global databases and research products for companies in the Oil & Gas, Oilfield Services, and Renewables sectors, as well as Investors, Investment Banks and Governments. We also provide a range of advisory services for our clients with capabilities across the Energy value chain.
Rystad Energy is a rapidly growing company providing the next generation analytical tools and advice for the industry. Rystad Energy combines a high-performance culture with a deeply collaborative ethos, providing ample opportunities for growth, learning, contribution, and career advancement. Read more at www.rystadenergy.com.
Rystad Energy, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rystad Energy, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Rystad Energy, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rystad Energy, Inc.'s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.