Werfen, founded in 1966, is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and distributor of specialized diagnostic instruments, related reagents, automation workcells, and data management solutions for use primarily in hospitals and independent clinical laboratories. The Company’s business lines include Hemostasis, Acute Care, and Autoimmunity diagnostics, as well as Original Equipment Manufacturing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing healthcare professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to improve hospital efficiency and enhance patient care.
Our North American Commercial Operations, as well as our Headquarters and Technology Center for Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics, are based in Bedford, MA. Our Headquarters and Technology Center for Autoimmunity Diagnostics is based in San Diego, CA. Additionally, our Technology Center for Hemostasis and Blood Gas Reagents is in Orangeburg, NY, and our Technology Center for Whole Blood Hemostasis is in San Diego, CA.
The Finance Coordinator provides clerical support to members of the Tax and Financial Services groups.
- Assist Tax group with audit document preparation activities.
- Obtain supporting documentation to substantiate Canadian tax credits.
- Print and organize invoices.
- Contact customers to request business documents.
- Scan documents into audit database.
- Create Excel spreadsheets that list and summarize tax information.
- Assist with the review and processing of expense reports for multiple companies to ensure compliance with corporate policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Budget Managed (if applicable):
Internal Networking/Key Relationships:
- Some external contact;
- regular interaction with Tax, Financial Services, and Accounting team members to collaborate or provide information.
- Support multiple team members in different functional areas within the Finance Department.
Skills & Capabilities:
- The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Concur, and Lotus Notes is desirable.
- Flexibility to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to organize and present data in a logical format.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong verbal communication and organization skills.
- Proactive problem-solving approach to completing assigned tasks.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Education: Associates Degree preferred
- Experience: One year of prior related work experience.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge: None
- Required: No
- <5% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis, we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Werfen appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
We operate directly in over 30 countries, and in more than 100 territories through distributors. Annual revenue is approximately $2 billion and more than 5,000 employees around the world comprise our Werfen team.