TFAS Academic Internship Program in Washington, DC - Summer 2023
TFAS D.C. Summer Program
June 3 - July 28 | Washington, D.C.
Early Application Deadline: December 6
Right now internships are critical to gaining real world experience and enhancing your professional development during challenging times. Securing an internship has always been competitive, but the pandemic has exacerbated the situation. It is estimated that 50% of internships were canceled during the height of the pandemic.
Making Up for Lost Time
TFAS is helping students gain crucial work experience and the connections needed to land a job after graduation. The TFAS D.C. Summer Program guarantees an internship placement in a variety of fields including:
- Federal agencies + Congressional offices
- Policy groups + think tanks
- International affairs organizations
- Media + public relations firms
- Government relations offices
- Community-based nonprofits
Real-World Work Experience
94% of students said that TFAS has helped them to develop professional skills for workplace. Students do work that actually matters; past projects include:
- Attending a Congressional briefing and writing a detailed report.
- Working on a strategic assessment of WMD development and proliferation in North Korea and Iran.
- Standing on the steps of Supreme Court reporting on protesters exercising their first amendment rights.
- Developing a strategic marketing plan for a business group advocating a bill on Capitol Hill.
TFAS Internship Benefits
Our nonprofit organization has been creating internship experiences for the last 50 years. We work with more than 300 internship site partners each summer.
- Students gain about 30 hours of work experience per week.
- TFAS Staff are dedicated to finding students the ideal internship placement based on their skills and interests.
- In-person or hybrid work sites in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area.
About the TFAS Academic Internship Program
The 2023 D.C. Summer Program will take place June 3 - July 28 in Washington, D.C. Students leave the city with an expanded professional (and social) network, 200+ hours of real-world work experience and a greater understanding of careers available after graduation.
- Live: Reside in furnished apartments in the heart of Washington, D.C. with a built-in support network.
- Learn: Earn credit from George Mason University. Attend exclusive site briefings and guest lectures.
- Intern: Gain real-world experience through a guaranteed internship placement.
- Connect: Grow your network and gain insider job-seeking tips from prominent professionals.
Admissions + Scholarship Information
TFAS is a nonprofit with the goal of bringing the country's best and brightest students to D.C. for life-changing programs. 85% of students attending TFAS programs are on full or partial awards based on merit and/or need.
- December 6 is the early admissions deadline.
- Apply at DCinternships.org.