2292 Technical Trainer
The National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a federally funded, private, nonprofit grantmaking organization that works to support freedom around the world, seeks a Technical Trainer for the Information Technology team. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
The Technical Trainer will offer practical technical training to address employees' computer training requirements. The Technical Trainer will design, develop, implement, and evaluate technical training programs, and prepare lesson plans, course outlines, schedules, and assignments. They will also identify the main objectives and skills or concepts that participants need to learn, explain key concepts and principles, and create assignments or hands-on activities to allow students to develop practical skills. The Technical Trainer will work in close collaboration with the Technical Director, IT Team, and stakeholders to develop course content and goals. The Technical Trainer is expected to establish metrics for determining course outcomes and evaluate participant performance.
- Experience in getting a robust training program off the ground
- Have participated in producing and delivering training on Office 365 core products, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe eSign
- Deliver training on the interplay of Microsoft 365 products and Adobe Acrobat/eSign
- Develop and deliver training on newly acquired and/or unfamiliar products/services
- Ability to deliver training in person, virtually, and in hybrid environments
- Involvement in creating training and takeaway materials, and recording/editing/training videos
- Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout the program life cycle
- Manage data on completed courses
- Evaluate the overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (or related discipline) or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of two years of experience
- Experience in training on Microsoft 365 products, in specific but not limited to, both desktop and mobile versions of:
- SharePoint Online
- Other products are required
- Other Qualifications:
- Comfortable making decisions and suggesting problem-solving measures
- Demonstrated skill in time management
- A leader and collaborator with strict attention to detail
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical, planning, and assessment abilities
- Ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- A high degree of organization and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, including coordination and facilitation skills
This position is part of the NED Bargaining Unit.
Applications must include a cover letter, resume, desired salary, and contact information for three professional references, of which one should be a supervisor. Please, no phone call inquiries.
The NED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics covered by applicable law. The NED is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation for all qualified individuals and bases all employment decisions on qualifications, merit, and business need. The NED believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our team members are critical to our success as an organization operating globally and seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.