Senior Facilities Engineer II
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the standards, methods and procedures for the design, modification, and maintenance of manufacturing, packaging equipment, Manufacturing and processes.
- Plans, executes and tracks a variety of engineering projects.
- Contributes to the development of department strategy.
- Coordinates cross-functional efforts to resolve manufacturing environment and maintenance issues.
- Manages project budgets and organizes resources according to team priorities and customer needs.
- Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Contributes to the development of corporate energy management goals and the strategies needed to accomplish them.
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to engineers, maintenance managers and technicians, reliability engineers, and a wide variety of contractors.
- Manages a team of personnel, including hiring, organizing and/or conducting training, conducting performance reviews, and ensuring assigned work is performed to required standards.
- Leads the day-to-day activities of a team of personnel, which may include people managers or supervisors.
- Provides leadership and direction to engineers and contractors.
- May participate in audits to include internal, vendors or contract manufacturers.
- Implements systems for tracking project progress.
- Supports and contributes to site continuous improvement initiatives.
- Compiles and reports technical performance metrics.
- Maintains and develops existing engineering systems which support equipment run times
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of facility and infrastructure engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Biological manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Design and Operational experience with Life Science HVAC systems a major plus.
- Demonstrates knowledge of energy management philosophies and technologies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Reliability Design concepts.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a BS or BA or related fields.
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a MA or MBA.
- Has previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.