2023 Research Technologies Associate Program - Internship (New York, NY) United States
JPMorgan Chase’s Global Technology Applied Research team conducts research in cutting-edge emerging technologies, such as Quantum Computing and Communication, Cloud Computing and Networking, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Internet of Things (IoT), Security and Privacy, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing. Our firm is seeking a passionate technologist to contribute to applied research and development of novel solutions in these fields. As a member of the R&D team, you will work closely with internal project teams, other researchers, and external communities alike to advance these research focus areas in a way that is beneficial to the technical teams in the company. You will also contribute to the firm’s intellectual property by patent applications and scholarly articles.
What to Expect
As a summer associate, your role will begin in June 2023, depending on your academic schedule. Your professional growth and development will be supported throughout the internship program via project work related to your academic and professional interests, mentorship, interaction with senior stakeholders and more.
Our areas of focus include:
1. Quantum Computing
2. Quantum Communication
3. Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR)
4. Internet of Things (IoT)
5. Cloud Computing and Networking
7. Computer Vision
The Purpose of Your Role
• To contribute to the conception and delivery of novel solutions to problems faced by internal project teams
• To advance the field of Quantum Computing and Communication, in the areas of algorithms and applications (such as Artificial Intelligence, Optimization and Finance) and security
• To co-design and implement advanced AR/VR and IoT/5G solutions integrating Security and Privacy enforcement, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing technologies
• To help the team augment existing Cloud Computing and Networking solutions with support for multiple cloud infrastructures and seamless integration of cloud-based microservices
• To be part of technical partnerships with external organizations, such as academic institutions and leading technology firms
• To contribute to JPMC’s IP by pursuing necessary protections of generated IP
• To help establishing JPMC’s reputation in the scientific field via publication of select results in prestigious venues
The Expertise We Are Looking for
• Industrial research experience within a technology R&D organization, innovation lab, academic institution, or equivalent
• Excellent programming skills in languages such as Python, C, C++ and Java
• Experience in technical writing in a scientific or technical field, as well as grant applications or research proposals
• Working knowledge of common research evaluation frameworks and techniques
• Strong passion, awareness and familiarity with emerging technology paradigms
• Strong written and visual presentation skills
• Ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities
• Prior hands-on experience as a researcher and developer in a lab is preferred
• Familiarity and or experience in financial services is preferred
• A B.S. degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science is required
• A Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
• Strong knowledge in one or more of the following disciplines: Quantum Computing and Communication, Cloud Computing and Networking, Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), Internet of Things (IoT), Security and Privacy, Computer Vision, and Edge Computing.
We will review summer internship applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early as programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2023 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran