Urology & Pelvic Health R&D Co-op
Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Title: R&D Co-op
Location: Can sit out of Marlborough, MA, Arden Hills or Minnetonka, MN
Duration: Jan - June 2023 or Jul - Dec 2023
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information, and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a R&D Co-op at Boston Scientific, you will…
- Support and successfully contribute to project teams through the following activities: product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, research investigations, report preparation, and process/test documentation.
- Support solutions to a variety of problems of simple scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from results.
- Prepare standard reports/documentation to communicate results to a technical community.
- Assist in troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Engage with internal company contacts. Uses diplomacy and tact in interactions and problem solving.
- Translate customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- Train technicians/operators on new processes and/or test procedures
- Support concepts and designs for new products/processes and submits idea disclosures.
- Work cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on projects of varying complexity to ensure project success.
- Design and coordinate standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Design, procure, and fabricate tooling and fixtures.
- Assists in the development and analysis of products, materials, processes, or equipment. Under direct supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, or materials.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Electrical, Systems, Materials, or Packaging Engineering
About Boston Scientific:
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Our products are used to help diagnose or treat complex diseases and conditions across multiple fields: cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, neurological, urological and pelvic health
Science advances when everyone can
At Boston Scientific, diversity is about embracing our increasingly intercultural world and fostering an environment of inclusion, equity and opportunity for all. Read Beyond Talk: Taking Action to Achieve Meaningful Change to learn more about what we’re doing to address systemic racism and unconscious bias in our workplace and in our communities.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 546645
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.