Data Systems Analyst
Position: Data Systems Analyst
Salary Range: $60,000 – 64,800
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Research & Data
Reports To: Senior Manager, Data Systems & Quality
Posted: August 11 – 25, 2022
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
Philadelphia Works requires all employees to be vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
We currently have a hybrid schedule, where staff work 2 days in the office and 3 days remote.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining data collection applications and data entry workflows for career-seeker and employer programming, with the support of the Senior Manager, Data Systems & Quality. The position strives to align data from disparate systems to meet the “real world” (non-technical) needs of various stakeholders in data collection efforts.
*** Resume and Cover letter are required.***
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of Philadelphia Works’ entire suite of data systems. Maintain certification for custom low-code/no-code application development systems.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Data Systems & Quality in the planning, building and maintenance of custom data collection applications.
- Support the Senior Manager, Data Systems and Quality in creating and updating planning documentation to guide the build process.
- Build and maintain applications in custom low-code/no-code application development programs in accordance with the requirements outlined in planning documentation.
- Set up and maintain user role security settings in custom applications, in accordance with those outlined in planning documentation.
- Use knowledge of relational databases and data normalization to create new data table structures and create relationships between tables effectively.
- Map workflows in applications to meet data collection, record editing and reporting needs.
- Keep work organized in sandbox and live/production environments to ensure careful preparation of new applications before launch. Test before launching in the live/production environment.
- Ensure quick corrective action when errors occur in the live/production environment.
- Create and maintain high quality applications within tight timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Technical Project Development
- Partner with teams outside of Research & Data to review project requirements, understand data collection challenges and propose long-term and short-term solutions.
- Support technical projects across Philadelphia Works’ suite of data systems and the PHL Career Portal (learning management system) with a focus on aligning data from multiple disparate sources.
- Partner with IT staff and software providers’ technical teams to implement new processes and resolve technical issues.
- Explain highly technical processes to non-technical audiences, working with a customer service-centric approach that considers the end user’s position in the process.
- Investigate, plan and implement API integrations across various systems.
- Create and maintain documentation on API integrations and all technical processes.
- Support Workforce Systems Analysts as they develop systems trainings for internal and external teams and answer data entry questions.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and 3 years of experience in data management.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of relational databases and queries
- Familiarity with relational database and programming languages such as R and SQL
- Able and open to learn new systems and technical processes quickly
- Familiarity with API integrations
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to conceptualize new solutions and think outside the box for short-term and long-term solutions
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects on tight timelines
- Ability to relate to people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds as well as government agencies, public officials and all levels of management
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full-time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.