Systems Reliability Engineer Intern, San Jose CA (Summer 2023)
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Nutanix Worldwide Support is a global organization providing 24/7 technical support in over 150 countries in 20 different languages. We’re as proud of our 96% Customer Satisfaction rating as we are of the advancement opportunities we can offer our team.
We’re comprised of leading technology specialists, including VCPs, CCIEs, CCNPs, Microsoft Certified Professionals, Linux, and Nutanix Platform Professionals, among many others. Our customer base is increasing, and we’re looking for Interns who share our passion for customer success to join our team!
What’s in it for You?
- Gain invaluable skills across the full stack in a data center: compute, storage, virtualization, and networking while working with the end-user experience in the same role.
- SRE Training to receive new customer challenges to solve each week.
- Embrace the opportunity to help customers resolve their most formidable IT roadblocks — and take a little pride in all the kudos you will receive.
Worldwide Support at Nutanix
At Nutanix Worldwide Support, we’re all about delivering an epic customer experience and ensuring the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. You’ll gain diverse experience as you partner with 700+ SREs and customers in helping them leverage the Nutanix product family.
- Remotely support our cloud solution in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience.
- Work directly with large Global 2000 enterprise customers to replicate, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Be a champion for our customers by going above and beyond to ensure customers are getting the most out of their investment in the Nutanix platform.
- Improve the product's serviceability by testing new features and developing tools to scale our deployments and auto-support infrastructure.
- Define and inspire changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and partner implementations.
What You’ll Bring
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Advanced degree from an accredited college/university in Networking and Systems Administration, Computer Information Technology, Network Technologies, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- Understanding of Networking, Virtualization, Linux, and Storage technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future.
About the Opportunity
What the Team Says
- James H. - “Opportunity. If anyone asks me, ‘What do you love the most about working at Nutanix?’ my answer is always opportunity. I came in as an intern, and as soon as I showed my willingness and actions to lean forward, I was given multiple opportunities to grow and even become exposed to leadership roles. At Nutanix, if you put in the work, you get to carve your path, and every colleague involved will continue to assist in cultivating your success. Tenure is not a part of the conversation on making an impact...Drive is. There have been so many success stories of incoming SREs that climb swiftly through the ranks by displaying the hard work put in that translates to career growth and happiness.”
- Josh Y. – “As a new hire, I’ve noticed very quickly that Nutanix is composed of talented professionals and great people. It’s truly satisfying knowing that I work on a team where I can trust each team member’s knowledge, training, and customer care. Nutanix is a place of investment - where training is taken seriously so that our team can be equally equipped, and we may each provide a similarly great customer experience. Nutanix is a place where you can learn from your peers, ask questions without the fear of judgment, and grow your skills in a truly healthy learning environment.”
How We Work
- We are a hybrid team, working two days from home and three days from the office. We stay connected through weekly team meetings and daily slack chats. Learn more about Nutanix, or take an in-depth look into our platform architecture with the Nutanix Bible!
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting CandidateAccommodationRequests@nutanix.com.