Quantitative Risk Analyst
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Investment Risk Management team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. As a member of the Investment Risk Management team, Quantitative Risk Analyst supports the Enterprise Risk Management System (ERMS). The successful candidate will be responsible for development, maintenance, and operation of the ERMS. This role reports to the Manager, Investment Risk, and is based in Seattle.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Design and develop robust processes around periodic reporting tasks with focus on automation.
- Implement new risk models and maintain models currently deployed in production.
- Contribute to the development of an effective and efficient risk-reporting infrastructure by gathering and analyzing data from various business units, writing reports, and providing recommendations.
- Execute the daily production process. Troubleshoot and resolve production issues in a timely manner.
- Handle ad-hoc requests that support risk management.
- Demonstrated technical skills, including ability to write code. Experience designing and setting up production-grade systems will be considered a strong plus.
- Master’s degree in Quantitative Finance or closely related (quantitative major) degree.
- Alternatively, will accept Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Finance or closely related (quantitative major) degree and 5 years of Quantitative research experience in the financial industry.
- Solid understanding of basic algorithms and data structures.
- Basic knowledge of SQL query language is required. Experience with database design is preferred.
- Basic understanding of investment strategies, capital markets, market indexes, and various investment securities. Consideration will be given to a highly technical candidate with a desire to get into finance.