Paraprofessional Early Childhood Integrated Services - Lopez Elementary
Information specific to this position:
Pay Range: $18.00 - $20.16 (min – 12% above min)/hr based on qualifications and experience*
Hours/day: 3 hours
Work calendar days: 141 days
Duration of position: One year only
Benefits include: PERA retirement, short and long term disability, as well as other optional benefit elections.
Responsible for assisting the Early Childhood Special Education Teacher in providing instruction and physical support for students with moderate to extensive physical disabilities, emotional disabilities, and /or special needs.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASKS:
1. Assist the classroom teacher in individualizing the instruction for children. Assist in the planning and implementation of the classroom procedures and routines. Support students with accessing the general education curriculum, and/or providing modifications to the classroom environment. Provide conditions for a positive and caring learning environment.
2. Assist students with personal care, social skills, or self-awareness skills.
3. Support the classroom teacher in the formal assessment of the strengths and needs of children using Teaching Strategies GOLD three times a year and informally through the development of anecdotes, portfolios, and the use of classroom assessments on an ongoing basis.
4. Support the classroom teacher in maintaining required student records, school and program paperwork.
5. Select and use behavioral techniques and methods appropriate to student’s circumstances. Utilize a positive behavior model in monitoring behavior.
6. Work with children in small group, large group, circle, and outdoor time. Provide opportunities for students to assume responsibility and develop independence
7. Support the teacher in communicating the child’s daily progress with parents or other staff who work with the child.
8. Attend work and arrive in a timely manner.
9. Participate in Integrated Services and Early Childhood professional growth opportunities, and meetings that are required for special education paraprofessionals.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of a Level II in the Professional Development Information System (PDIS) of Colorado Shines • One year of related experience
• Experience working with students in a school setting preferred
• Equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable 41603 – Paraprofessional Early Childhood Integrated Services
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire
• Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) required within 3 months of hire
• CPR and First Aid certifications within 30 days of hire
• PSD Blood Borne Pathogens course completed within 30 days of hire
• PSD Medication Administration course completed within 30 days of hire
• Valid Early Childhood medical statement completed within 30 days of hire
• Current immunizations statement completed within 30 days of hire
Questions regarding this posting can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org