2023 Investment Banking Full-Time Analyst Program - San Francisco
2023 Investment Banking Full-Time Analyst Program
Nomura’s Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides a vast array of capabilities to our clients including corporations, institutions, and governments around the world. Nomura has global sector coverage teams in various established sectors under the Nomura brand and in sustainability-related sectors under the Nomura Greentech brand. We also have market leading specialized teams of financing and solutions experts.
Sector Coverage Teams
- Consumer / Retail: Food, Beverages, Retail & E-Commerce, and Household & Personal Care
- Financial Institutions: Insurance, Asset Management, Legacy Liabilities, and Insurance Tech
- Technology, Media, and Services: Software, Marketing Tech, IT Services, Tech-Enabled Services, and FinTech
- Healthcare: Life Sciences, Healthcare Services, Medical Devices, Diagnostics & Tools, and Healthcare IT
- Financial Sponsors: Private Equity (across all industry areas)
- Greentech Industrials and Infrastructure: AgTech & Sustainable Food, Advanced Transportation, Energy / Industrial Technology & Services, Renewable Energy Value Chain, Water & Infrastructure & Technologies, Advanced Materials & Chemicals, Digital & Telecom Infrastructure, Low Carbon Infrastructure, Building & Sustainable Materials, and Environmental Services
- Advisory: Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Private Placements, Defense, and Fairness Opinions
- Client Financing & Solutions:
- Acquisition & Leveraged Finance: LBO Financing, Refinancing, and Dividend Recapitalizations
- Equity Capital Markets & Solutions: IPOs & Follow-On Offerings, Convertible Bonds, SPACs, and Equity Derivatives
- Debt Capital Markets & Solutions: Private Debt Solutions, Private Placements, and Investment Grade Syndicate
- Risk Solutions: FX Hedging, Rates Hedging, Share Class Hedging, and Event-Driven Solutions
Full-Time Analyst Program Overview
We are looking for the next generation of entrepreneurs and leaders to make an impression on our future.
As a new Analyst joiner, you will attend a four-week intensive Global Training Program with peers from our offices around the world. Nomura places great emphasis on the career development of our junior population. Our comprehensive program will focus on Investment Banking technical training alongside business speakers and networking opportunities. The unique program will orientate you to Nomura’s history, values, and build your knowledge and appreciation of working within a Japanese investment bank.
Once you have completed Global Training and joined your group, you will be enrolled in our Continuing Professional Development Program offering workshops, speaker sessions, and mentorship. The three pillars of CPD (Business & Technical Skills, Career Management, and Professional Skills) provide you with the necessary knowledge and ability required to succeed on the desk and maximize your potential.
What Role Might You Play?
- Deal Execution: You will work closely with clients and execution teams on live transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, divestitures, capital raisings, financings, and derivative transactions
- Client Relationship Management: You can expect to generate and present ideas at client meetings as a member of a deal team alongside senior bankers
- Strategic Analysis: Through financial, structural and business risk analysis, you will support transactions and client presentations
- New Business Development: You will actively participate in the effort to pitch and win new mandates from clients, leverage proprietary content and ideas
- Outstanding academic qualifications with strong GPA is preferred
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree from accredited college/university
- On-track to graduate between December 2022 and June 2023
- Passion for the business opportunities created by sustainable infrastructure, technology, and industrial disruption
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent analytic, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and an eagerness to learn on the fly
- Enthusiasm for both quantitative-driven and qualitative-focused situations
- Ability to develop understanding of financial products
- Eagerness to learn and work hard as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting
- Carries out responsibilities with a diverse and inclusive mind-set
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com.
For more information about Nomura Greentech careers, visit https://www.nomuragreentech.com/greentech-careers/
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer