Mental Health Worker- Voluntary Adult Inpatient Unit
NEW BEDFORD, MA– Child & Family Services is looking for full-time, part-time and/or per diem Mental Health Workers for our Adult Community Crisis Stabilization (ACCS) Program. The Mental Health Worker works as member of a multi-disciplinary team, to provide immediate short-term relief to adult clients suffering from an acute psychiatric episode. Our Mental Health Workers provide a safe, therapeutic and comfortable space for our clients to work on their mental health needs.
Starting at $19.00/hour plus second language differential
- High School or Associates degree with mental health experience required or Peer Specialist Certification; Bachelors degree highly preferred
- Experience working in a psychiatric setting
- Comfortable running groups
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required
- Participates in treatment planning under the direction of nursing
- Maintains adult client confidentiality at all times
- Assist in assessment of adult client behavior
- Run both activity and therapeutic groups during their shift
- Assist in both the admission and discharge process
- Records progress notes in adult client’s charts every shift
- Assist adult clients in activities of daily living, as necessary
- Assist in meal preparation
- Provide assistance to adult client in filling out disability forms and other service forms
- Provide daily upkeep to the unit
- Heal and strengthen the lives of children and families
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/Health Plans – 75% employer paid for full-time employees
- Dental – MetLife
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- Generous sick time and personal time
- 10 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- 24 hour travel assistance, mileage reimbursement, discounted Healthtrax gym membership, BJs membership discounts and employee appreciation events!
Child and Family Services, Inc. values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages applicants from the BIPOC, LGBTQ+, AAPI, Hispanic, Latinx and Veteran communities to apply for employment. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, sex,( including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy) disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.