Campus Graduate 2023 Global Merchant & Network Services Business Development Summer Internship
Role Specific Info
Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) brings together American Express' Merchant-and Network-related businesses including Global Merchant Services, Global Network Services, and Strategic Partnerships. Global Merchant Services is responsible for maintaining the relationships with the millions of Merchants, Global, National and Regional, that accept American Express, as well as through our third party acquirers and aggregator partners. Our goal is to be an indispensable payments partner to our Merchants: simultaneously delivering differentiated products and services and driving revenue growth for both Merchants and American Express.
As a Business Development intern in the GMNS organization, you will be working on exciting partner/customer facing projects aligned to the company’s strategic goals. Our Business Development interns will have the opportunity to contribute to strategic initiatives while being part of our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
What type of work can you expect to do in Business Development at American Express?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the merchant & network business and its needs.
- Conduct research on the external/competitive landscape as well as data analysis to help American Express improve performance and drive growth.
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience.
- Help manage external partnerships to drive new opportunities and expand the business.
- Develop relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design and execution of strategic initiatives and develop/implement tests to measure effectiveness.
- Help build executive presentations on strategic topics to be shared with senior management and/or partners.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong customer focus
- Project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- A track record of results and desire for continuous learning/improvement
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time to deliver timely outputs
- Currently enrolled in full-time graduate degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
In order for your
application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
1. Click on the following link and select “Apply”: https://bit.ly/3BwDDLL
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.