Graduate ICT Engineer
Buro Happold has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and collaborative Graduate ICT (Information Communication Technology) Engineer to join our inclusive and talented team. This full-time ICT engineering role is based in Boston or New York and comes with an attractive salary and benefits package.
As a Graduate ICT Engineer, you will collaborate with architects and engineers to develop creative, energy-efficient buildings that provide aesthetics to their physical surroundings and utility to their occupants.
In your first few weeks in this Graduate ICT Engineer role, you can expect to:
· Undertake detailed ICT engineering building services design and calculations (using software and knowledge to verify robust calculations)
· Embrace the latest technologies and trends to improve performance and sustainability
· Prepare technical book specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
· Analyze telecommunications systems and assign circuitry for telecommunications devices.
· Participate in Information and Communications Technology Unit weekly meetings and perform ICT administrative tasks.
· Support other engineers with CCTV, Access Control and Audio- Visual system designs and drawings.
· Colaborate with other team members regarding telecommunications system designs and interoperability.
To apply for this ICT engineering job, you will need a Associate’s, Bachelor's or Master's degree in telecommunications or electrical engineering and an interest in the telecommunications engineering industry with an emphasis on the low voltage side of the discipline. You will also require an interest in telecom distribution, audio-visual, fixed wireless local area networks, security, and cellular mobile infrastructure. Additional requirements include:
· Experience with Microsoft Office, Revit MEP, AutoCAD, or Project (preferred)
· Familiarity with technical presentations and writing
· Interest or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), or open source coding projects
· The ability to multi-task, effectively manage time, and maintain ongoing project focus
· Internship experience at an engineering-related firm (preferred) and proven interest in the built environment
In return for your passion, collaborative approach, and commitment, you will receive a generous salary and benefits package, joining a friendly and inclusive culture.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Generous PTO (4-5 weeks depending on position) in addition to 10 paid holidays
- 401k with company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Hybrid working & summer hours
- Reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees
- Global network of experts
- Learning and development opportunities
- Be a part of our Young Employees Forum and our Diversity and Inclusion Forum
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired
Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate ICT Engineer job sounds right for you.