Spinnaker Analytics LLC, a data science firm with expertise in the financial services and retail industry, is offering full-time position. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for applying software development processes to data science projects. The candidate will be responsible for data collection, wrangling, exploratory analysis, building models and creating efficient data pipelines to deploy projects in production mode. The ideal candidate will have an opportunity to work with the advanced product development team.
The candidate should be able to develop forecasting/predictive models and perform statistical analysis on quantitative data that will also involve extracting, collating and performing data integrity checks. A strong analytic disposition would be critical, along with the attitude and enthusiasm to take on unstructured and complex work the candidate may not have encountered previously. This is a semi-apprenticeship position where the candidate will have the opportunity to learn practical skills from seasoned industry professionals.
- Quantitative Analysis: Compile and analyze relevant data, creatively tackle information gaps, synthesize findings into meaningful and actionable intelligence
- Develop models using big-data techniques that include linear, parametric and non-parametric models, deep/reinforcement learning etc.
- Analyze high velocity data and develop algorithms to generate insights
- Strong data analysis background with emphasis on exploratory analysis and algorithm development
- Fluency in Python, SQL, and machine learning libraries such as PyTorch/TensorFlow,.
- Ability to develop machine learning algorithms such as naïve Bayesian models, decision trees, random forests etc.
- Ability to work on unstructured projects independently
- Familiarity with AWS and SageMaker is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, sciences, or engineering disciplines
- Prior work or project/course experience in statistical modeling and machine learning preferred
- Relevant business experience a plus